- Pilot M90
- Spare Pilot ink cartridges
- Pilot Capless
- Laser pointer (since replaced as EDC by a black Lamy Safari)
- Uni Kuru Toga pencil
- Black Sharpie permanent marker
- County Comm 4-inch prybar
- Cheap ballpoint pen (although I despise ballpoint pens they can be useful sometimes)
- Nitecore D11 LED flashlight
- Small scissors
- Cheap disposable lighter
- Victorinox Sportsman folding knife
- Carton 10x power jeweller's loupe.
- Not pictured, but in there: a red Inova micro LED flashlight and a wad of 3x5 index cards.
Since the picture was taken, I have changed things around somewhat. I don't usually carry the laser pointer (which I use for astronomy) or the loupe, and instead carry a Snow Peak titanium spork and a couple more pens - a Pilot 78G filled with Private Reserve Plum ink and a Pilot V5 rollerball pen. Do you think I like Pilot pens much?
The EDC Pocket lives most of the time in my briefcase, or on my desk at work. There's only the one pencil, which I have not used so it may be rotated out. Pencils tend to live in a separate pencil case along with my eraser and sharpener. I usually move things around dependent on what I find most useful: hence the preponderance of fountain pens. If I worked somewhere other than an office, I'm sure the tools would be different.
One other thing I have done is to have an embroidered name-badge made which is stuck by Velcro to the hook-and-loop field on the front.